The films that won the hearts of the public are often more valuable to us than those who entered the rankings produced by professional critics. Below we present you to the 10 films that have generated more money at the box office this year. Some of them are quite obvious, while others are sure to surprise you. We look forward to your comments.
1. Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017): When Shiva, the son of Bahubali, learns about his legacy, he begins to look for answers. His story is juxtaposed with past incidents that unfolded in the Mahishmati Kingdom.
2. Dangal (2016): Former wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat and his two wrestler daughters struggle towards glory at the Commonwealth Games in the face of societal oppression.
3. Sultan (2016): Sultan is a classic underdog tale about a wrestler’s journey, looking for a comeback by defeating all odds. Will he emerge victoriously?
4. Kabali (2016): Before Indian Independence, many Tamils from South India were sent to Malaysia as indentured laborers. Kabali, the hero, fights this oppression. After a lengthy imprisonment, he is more determined than before to fight for his people.
5. Bajrangi Bhaijaan (2015): A man with a magnanimous heart takes a young mute Pakistani girl back to her homeland to reunite her with her family.
6. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (2015): While recovering from an assassination attempt four days before his coronation, a stern prince is replaced by a romantic lookalike.
7. PK (2014): An Alien in the city asks questions that no one has asked before. His childlike curiosity will take him on a journey of love, laughter, and let go.
8. Dhoom 3 (2013): Sahir, who is trained in magic and acrobatics is robbing banks in Chicago belonging to the man responsible for his father’s death. Brought in to help our Indian police officers, Jai and Ali.
9. Chennai Express (2013): Rahul, who is asked to immerse his late grandfather’s ashes in Rameshwaram, unwillingly boards the Chennai Express and finds himself entangled with Meena, the daughter of a don.
10. 3 Idiots (2009): Two friends are searching for their long lost friend. They revisit their college days and recall the memories of their buddy who motivated them to think differently, even as the rest of the world called them “idiots”.